Thursday 2 August 2018

D Day

Today's the day or yesterday was the day I expect, by the time you read this.

Nothing to rush for. I'm staying with my friend Helen in Burton Latimer tonight. That's only a couple of hours away from home. She's working from home, so I'll be planning to leave about 14:30 - 15:00. That should mean she's finished work by the time I arrive. Packing is 80% complete and I just need to do a couple of bits on Ginny before I set off.

Weather forecast for today in Chatham is up around the 30 degree mark once again. It is very warm now, at 10:00. The next couple of days made my mind up on what to wear. I was thinking that going to the frozen north, I may need my leather jacket but if I wear that today, Helen will be opening the door to a melted me. Mesh jacket it is then. It looks like I might encounter some rain over the next few days, especially Monday when I start on the NC500. That looks like being a bit of a wash out, so should be fun on those twisty roads. I'll have to engage Ginny's rain setting, which tones down the power delivery. Just one of her rider aids. The temperature will be a far cry from what it is here today, 14C or 15C but will be OK, so long as it is dry. I'll have a long sleeved jumper in case.

I'll be doing some updates along the way each day, satellite signal allowing and maybe a full report in the evening, if there's anything I've missed. Be prepared for photos of my dinner and/or maybe the odd wild Haggis! 😉

That's all for now.

Me, if it gets any hotter!

2 comments: