Friday 3 August 2018

Day 2.1

2 hours after setting off  (09:32) it's time for both Ginny and I to take a drink. We could probably both have gone further but this is the fuel stop I had planned into the route.  Ginny's done about 206 miles and range is still showing over 100.
Weather was superb when I left Helen's place. Now, somewhere near Doncaster, it has clouded over. Temperature is a bit more pleasant though.
Ride thus far has been far better than yesterday. The A43 and A1 showing none of the tailbacks of yesterday. The next leg will take me west, cross country.  I have a stop planned in Ambleside later for some roman fort remains but will probably stop for lunch before that. The fuel stop has a subway, so a 6" BMT could be the order of the day.
The young lady in the petrol station has called me babe, love and darling, the full set. Northern lasses eh?

Fiat 500 rubber.

1 comment: