Sunday 5 August 2018

Day 3.4

Well, it's been an up and down day. Ride from Peebles was fairly uneventful ( I got to cross the new Queensferry bridge ) until I got to my turn off point of the A90. Road closed and signs saying do not follow satnav. Re-programmed tomtom. She took me off at the following junction.  Same again, road closed. Third time lucky and skipping all waypoints, she got me to Inverurie, though I had now missed my planned fuel stop and traversed umpteen roundabouts around Aberdeen! A shit day had just got shitter!

Found Cheryl & Geoff's house fairly easily and with Geoff coming out into the street to guide me the last few yards, parked up, freshened up and then went out for a curry. The place is under new management and they seemed keen to make a good impression, plying us with free glasses of 'champagne' during the meal and a snifter post meal.

A quick stop at a pub on the walk back and it was time for bed.

Not sure what is planned for tomorrow, my rest day but feeling guilty they have given up their tickets to the Aberdeen v Rangers game to take me out. Don't suppose a win for The Dons will make it any better either.

Hopefully tomorrow I can sort out the communication issue between tomtom and the headset. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment