Wednesday 8 August 2018

Day 7.5

What  a brilliant day.  Best so far. Scenery is just amazing and apart from the odd knobhead, the roads have been superb, though little wider than your average driveway in places!
I've seen massive glacial valleys, golden sandy beaches and to top it all off, I was able to get a photo of a highland cow suckling a calf.

I made a stop at a place called Smoo Cave. Fresh water filters into it from above but I believe when it is high tide, it also takes in sea water. Don't quote me though.

I'm now at my B&B in Tongue, on the north coast, the nearest place to where they will soon be building a space launchpad, so I'm told. The landlord here was interviewed by the Sun newspaper when the story broke.

Off to the pub shortly for dinner and a nightcap or three. No phone signal again. Time for another complaint to  Vodafone 

Mummy and baby

No comments:

Post a Comment