Tuesday 7 August 2018

Day 6.4

I walked down into town. It's quite a way, not sure how far exactly but I clocked up almost 12000 steps there and back. There's not a lot to it to be honest, two parallel streets a harbour and a ferry terminal. There's a couple of tea rooms, restaurants and a pub and the usual Scottish woolen goods shops. I had a walk round and drew some cash out, staying loyal to my former employers, before popping in the tourist info centre, where I picked up some NC500 souvenirs. Not the £22 cap, nor the £23 t-shirt.

Then I nipped over the chippy, hoping to get a battered haggis but they didn't do it, so i just had a portion of chips. It was supposed to be large but if they think that was large, they need to come to my local in the village!  As I walked back up the hill, a ferry came into port. The weather had perked up considerably and I had to take my jacket off on the walk back it was that warm. When I got back, I spent a while sitting out on the steps, soaking up the sunshine . Have to make the most of it, if as predicted it'll be cold and frosty overnight.

Apart from the issue with tomtom, today was ok. There really are some great roads up here, coupled with magnificent scenery, of that there is no doubt. It's just a shame that so few people seem to know how to drive the single track roads.

The place I am staying in is very nice. It has a fantastic view over the loch and the added bonus for me, of a garage for the bike. At £45 B&B for my single room, I think it is pretty good value too.

Tomorrow's route will take me onto the north coast and my overnight stop will probably mean I've covered about 300 of the 500 miles. Whilst we're on the subject of miles, Ginny clocked up 3000 yesterday.  

Soaking up the Scottish sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment