Thursday 9 August 2018

Day 8.5

So having done the most northerly point, it was only proper I did the most north easterly, Duncansby Head.
From there I was heading south, to Wick and my fuel stop. I had a fuel station programmed in tomtom but saw a Tesco on the outskirts, so nipped in there instead. Good job, I saved 5p per litre on the planned stop.

From there, my next stop was at a place called Whaligoe and some steps, that lead down the rock above a cove. There's a ruined house/shed, whatever. Not sure of the story, just there are 294 steps! There's a cafe at the top, so I had a coffee and a slice of redcurrant chocolate brownie. Very nice but a bit ' I saw you coming' at £8.50!

Last stop was Dunrobin Castle. This is a fairytale pepperpot style, though from the car park side, it's not too special. Take a walk down to the waters edge though and you see it in all its glory.
A spit from there is my digs for the night, the Golspie Inn.

Tomorrow I shall detour from NC500 inland, ending the day in Perth. To be honest, it's not that interesting now, not a patch on the West Side, so I shan't be missing much.

Dunrobin Castle

No comments:

Post a Comment